I have been a fervent advocate of the Charlotte Maxwell clinic from the time I first learned about it. This clinic has been providing integrative medical treatments and safety net social services to low-income women with cancer since 1991.
I'm proud to have volunteered at the clinic for the past couple of years. I work with women of all ages and backgrounds, united in our efforts to support their lives with cancer.
Homeopathy can provide essential support to the sick person's natural defenses. Because the body is not always successful in dealing with every stress or infection, it is important to find a substance in nature that has the capacity to mimic the symptoms the person is experiencing in order to aid the body in its efforts to defend and ultimately heal itself. Homeopathic medicine stimulates a person’s own healing processes.
Treatment covers all aspects of the client's life. It can help with cancer treatment, as well as issues that were present before and after the cancer diagnosis.
It is particularly helpful with:
- Emotional support. Cancer can be very stressful and frightening and homeopathy can help balance difficult emotions.
- Acute care. Support for chemotherapy, radiation, and surgical treatments.
- Immune system support. Cancer treatment is very powerful, and is a shock to the body. Homeopathy can help with side effects, reducing recovery time and building healthy immune system function.
- Pain. Cancers, especially with metastases, may be very painful. Homeopathy can provide some relief with no additional burden on the liver.
- Digestion. It is common to experience digestive issues from constipation to diarrhea when undergoing treatment, and homeopathy can help alleviate symptoms naturally without interfering with treatment.
- Inflammation. Inflammation may occur in many areas. Inflamed lymph nodes can be reduced with treatment.
- Memory issues. Memory loss, or "chemo brain" is a common complaint.
- Fatigue. Cancer treatment is difficult, and fatigue is a common side effect. While homeopathy cannot erase fatigue, it can help you recover more quickly from treatment.
- Other common complaints include: Lymphedema, Neurological pain and numbness, Vertigo, Body Tremors, Sugar Cravings
I provide cancer treatment support to clients in my private practice as well. If you have questions about your particular situation, you may submit them on the Contact page or email: email@example.com .